Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

BES 5.0.3 - Attached Devices remain empty after connecting a device via USB

Hi all, first time poster  ^^

Initially installed BES 5.0.3 on our Terminal server only to find that there were severe incompatibility issues with Terminal servers, so reinstalled BES 5.0.3 onto the SQL (+Back up) server running SQL 2008 r2, found that the services were hardly starting under SQL 2008 r2, uninstalled and reinstalled again this time allowing BES 5.0.3 to install SQL 2005 express and create its own database using the older SQL version and finally started seeing the BAS web service working. However now have stumbled across the following problem:

Whenever any blackberry handset (currently attempting to attach a Blackberry Torch 9800) to the server via USB, after logging in to BAS, attached devices remains empty.

After searching all over the internet for solutions, still am unable to get the attached device to show up in BAS. To clarify, under the desktop blackberry device manager, I can see the blackberry is successfully attached.

Here's some of the solutions that have been tried and proven to not work:

- Installed .net 4.0 & 3.5 framework

- Ensured latest blackberry USB drivers are installed

- Have uninstalled and reinstalled BES 5.0.3 countless times to ensure no corrupt installs took place

- Connected other blackberry handsets to ensure it wasn't just the torch 9800 failing to show on attached devices.

Whats really strange is that last night after hours of trying to get BES 5.0.3 to correctly start its services (see previous mention of problems with terminal server install and SQL 2008 r2), it did detect the torch 9800 and "successfully", wiped the phone back to default settings then eventually over night fully synchronized calender events, contacts and mail. However the phone is running extermely slow and has many missing features (no options are displayed when looking at mail, no settings menu, etc). Nothing has happened between last night and now and yet the BAS has gone from working, to not working.

Please assist, every forum post regarding this issue has been checked already and all suggestions have been tried and tested, without success.

Won't leave desk until problem is resolved so post and i'll respond asap.

Many thanks,

Luke G

MCITP - Network Administration
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: BES 5.0.3 - Attached Devices remain empty after connecting a device via USB

After uninstalled the USB drivers again, and reinstalling them, then using IE 8 (was using IS 9), everything seems fully operational. Will keep you all posted if anything goes wrong.
MCITP - Network Administration