Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

BES 5.0.3 High availability rebuild

Hello all.  I currently have a 5.0.3 in HA mode with 1 active and 1 passive node.  I also have two BAS nodes.  We are moving to a new data center and I need to have BB moved before the actual weekend of the data center move.  Trying to get some ideas on how to do this.  My thought is to uninstall my current passive HA node, then add a new BAS server and a new HA passive node in the new data center, then failing the HA over to the passive node, which will be in the new data center.  The new data center will be on a different IP subnet but will have full connectivity back to the existing data center.  We will be moving the SQL DB to a new SQL server in the new data center.  Does this sound logical? Thanks for any input.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 5.0.3 High availability rebuild

Fail over to new hardware would be best.

Also Move SQL first if you can, It will just make it easier in the end.

KB03112 - How to move the BlackBerry Configuration Database to a new Microsoft SQL Server instance

Perform a Knife-edge cutover, look at HA fail over part

KB10278 - How to perform a knife-edge cutover for BlackBerry Enterprise Server software

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V