Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Verizon 8330

BES 5.0.3 OCS 2007 R2 TLS Certificate question

I am going over the prerequisites for utilizing OCS 2007 R2 for BES 5.0.3 and have everything taken care of except for the certificate. 

I was utilizing, KB24960 - How to request a TLS certificate to allow the BlackBerry Collaboration with Microsoft Office 2007 R2 which has a nice walkthrough.  I am fine up to step 9 when the instructions note to, "Make sure the root certificate is present for the Enterprise Certificate Authority in your domain."

We do not have an internal Certificate Authority, only external. 

If I process along with the request, it attempts to send it to the Active Directory authority, which does not exist. 

I contacted RIM support and they stated this process will work by using this process with an external CA, but my certificate administrator does not feel it will  as it is not referencing their root certificate.

In addition to this I have tried to export the request to see if RIM was correct and it will work, but do not know the settings to export the key as. 

Now that all of the background is out of the way, has anyone had any experience with this type of a cert issue yet or have any suggestions on how to proceed?

If I cannot use this method to request a TLS certificate from by CA, what method should I use, the same method used to request a BAS (SSL) certificate?

Any advice is appreciated.

My Device: bold
My Carrier: at&t

Re: BES 5.0.3 OCS 2007 R2 TLS Certificate question

BUMP for answer as this applies to me as well...

Contributor

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: COMCEL

Did you resolve the certificate problem?  I am having the same problem.

Contributor

Still working on it, but it seems ot be on the OCS end now.  I can login to OCS on the BlackBerry and send messages, can't receive them or get updated prosence information.  We are going to apply the latest patches to the OCS Front End Wednesday morning to see if that resolves these remaining issues? 

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: COMCEL

What kind of request format did you use?  CMC or PKCS10?

Thanks

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just did a straight up SSL requet using the certificate function built into OCS.  I did have an issue getting the private key to import but was able to repair it after installing the certificate.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: System Administrator

I want to run the collaboration service, I get an error message like the following. What can I do. Thank you.

<2011-06-01 15:20:43.294 EEST>:[110]:<BBIM_BESSRV_BBIM_1>:<ERROR>:<LAYER = BBIM, [OCSC] Error: An item with the same key has already been added.>

Highlighted
Contributor

I ran into this error after reinstalling the Collaboration service using the BES installer. What had happened is the setup had created a second Trusted Service for the Collaboration service.  I accessed the RTC Services using ADSI edit and removed the duplicate entry.  After that the collaboration sevice stayed up for me without crashing.

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: System Administrator

Service could not find the RTC in ADSI Edit. How to tell, make it. Thank you.