10-11-2012 10:42 AM
Ours also seems to be fixed. The problem in our case was that the database (one box internal SQL express) was set to dynamic port mapping rather than being fixed to a port. Not sure why this wasn't an issue until we upgraded.
I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
10-11-2012 11:39 AM
Ahh thankyou! That looks like it was the problem. Redefining the proxy exceptions seems to have stopped the crashing. Weird we never had this problem in 5.0.3 and haven't changed the proxy exception list in many months.
glad it helped
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V
10-12-2012 03:47 AM - edited 10-12-2012 03:50 AM
I have got that solved as well.
As we need a rather complex proxy exception string, the solution was to use wpad.dat instead of the explicit proxy setting.
So we created the wpad.dat and the wpad DNS entry. Then, in Internet Explorer on the BES server, we removed the proxy setting and ticked "Automatically detect settings" (which searches and reads the wpad.dat for proxy settings).
To have BAS also use the wpad settings, we used option IV of the following KB:
After that the BAS-NCC.exe service works normally and the device.xml and vendor.xml are retrieved successfully at 10 minutes past each hour.
03-20-2013 10:32 AM
Hi, we also have the problem on our BES 5.0.4 Express server (IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.x).
Can you define more in detail what do you mean with "Redefining the proxy exceptions". First I cannot get, what you mean with that.
03-20-2013 05:06 PM
"Redefining the proxy exceptions" meant simplifying down the number of servers that should be directly accessed rather than going via the proxy, from about 10 entries to 4. For instance, instead of individual IP addresses in a few subnets we just changed it to 192.168.1.0-192.168.64.255 and instead of various server's FQDNs in our local domain we just put *.[local domain name]
The goal was to reduce the number of characters used to describe the servers and domains that would be directly accessed. I think it would have been over 200 characters to describe these entries before and now it's about 90 characters.
In our case, this was done on the Forefront TMG Server under "Configure Web Proxy" Web Browser tab and editing the entries under "Directly access these servers or domains".
Hope this helps.