Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: BB 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

BES 5.0 migration issue

Greetings all;

Working a mirgation from Exchg 2003 - 2010. As a result, decided that it would be prudent to order the migration kit with the second SRP and configure a 'new' BES to talk to the new Exchange server/s.

Got through the install of 5.01 MR1 and have it successfully 'talking' with the Exchange environement.

Both the Exchange servers and the new BES are on 2008 R2.

Right now the Exchag 2003 server is up and linked with the new 2010 Exchg servers so that when I hit the management console on the new Exchg server I see the users as "Legacy Mailbox" or "User Mailbox". Users who still remain on the old 2003 are labled Legacy and Native new users that I have created on the new Exchg server are simply "User Mailbox" on the new environment. Mail routes cleanly between the two environs and I am able to move mailboxes from the 2003 store to the new servers as well without issue.

My problem:

When I attempt to add a new user from the company directory to start an activation, I get "The specified user already exists in the available user list". When I go to Manage Users, I only see the administrative users that I have added. The admins did resolve with thier AD accounts just fine. One note, when I enabel the advanced serach criteria I get nothing in the email> Messaging Server drop down, that seems 'funky' to me.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Mike

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 5.0 migration issue

look at the BAS AS logs and see if anything stick outs when you try to add a user.

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Nuttin there except the login event.

One note, I'm wondering if I created apotential issue with the MBESMgmt DB. I did manually create the DB and assign my BB domain user with the dbo and server admin perms and then ran the install. The result is the user has thier own schema and did not write into the dbo schema.

When I examine the BMSStore DB that was created the BB user has the roles but ows the dbo schema.

(SQL 2008 Enterprise)

Shoudl I salt that BESMgmt DB and re-run the install?

Thanks!

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What your are telling me does not make much sense.

Did you create the database with BESAdmin being the owner?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Re-read my SQL Login Properteis for the BESAdmin user in Ent Manager and I had it backwards, the BESAdmin user is assigned to the dbo schema for both the BESMGmt and BMSStore DB's. The only thing that differs is the 'users mapped to this login'.

For the BESMgmt I see "DOMAIN\besadmin user" for the BMSStore I see dbo.

Hope that is clearer and apologies for the misstatement.

Guru III
My Device:

To verify if BlackBerry smartphone user accounts are queued for deletion, perform the following steps:

1. Under BlackBerry Solution Management, expand User.

2. Click Manage Users.

3. In the Search for users menu, click Advanced search.

4. In the Email criteria section of the Advanced Search, select True in the Queued removal of BlackBerry services drop-down box.

5. Click Search.

BlackBerry smartphone users who are pending a deletion, but the process has not completed, will be displayed.

The BlackBerry smartphone user account can be purged from the database or removed immediately from the BlackBerry service by performing the following steps:

1. Click the Display name of the BlackBerry smartphone user that is displayed when searching for BlackBerry smartphone users that are Queued removal of BlackBerry services.

2. Click Immediate removal of BlackBerry services.

Also did you do the throttle policy in 2010?

By default, Microsoft® Exchange 2010 uses client throttling policies to track the bandwidth that each Microsoft Exchange user
consumes and enforce bandwidth limits, as necessary. The policies affect the performance of the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
negatively, so you should turn off client throttling for the Windows® account that has a Microsoft Exchange mailbox.
1. On a computer that hosts the Microsoft Exchange Management Shell, open the Microsoft Exchange Management Shell.
2. Type New-ThrottlingPolicy BESPolicy.
3. Type Set-Mailbox "BESAdmin" -ThrottlingPolicy BESPolicy.

New Contributor

Well, I'm not sure if this was just a domain/exchange replication issue but I am now functioning (haven't changed a thing).

I completed teh new BES install just before noon EST and it's 5pm now.

NOW, when I access the advanced user search I do get the messaging server in teh drop down box and my searches by email or dispaly name are sucessfully resolving.

Have now added my first user and sent off thier activation password by email.

Thanks for the help and advice, I will check that throttling setting as well!

Many thanks!!

New Contributor

The advice from Knotty Rope to set the throttling policy on Exchg 2010 is totally crucial. To add to that, you must reastart the Blackberry Controller service after applying the policy on the Exchange server to pick that up.

Was seeing MAPI failures (MAPIMailbox::MAPIMailbox - OpenMsgStore (0x80040204) failed) in the MAGT logs this morning while attempting to activate a device. Device would simply keep retyring.

Restarted the BB Controller service and the activation sailed right through!

Thanks again for the help and guidance!!!

Guru III
My Device:

Glad to have helped out.