Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: 9330
My Carrier: Verizon

BES: Express 5.0.3 Bundle12 - how to configure Public Folder - Company Calendar for BB devices?

Hi -

I have added permission to allow BES to see Public fiolders in Exchange 2010.

In the Manage users - for the user I need to allow to see their Public folder - Company calendar - I can see that it appears to be configured in BES...(See below):

However - the user cannot see the folder or had not setup correctly.

I do not know how to accomplish that task.

In Service books - we tried removing the Desktop(CICAL?) calendar and undeleting agani to re-syunchronzie.

This did not work.

I also found this post that refers to setting up calendars with Exchange and BES:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/18777/Configuring_BES_to_use_MS_EWS_or_MAPI_868083_...

I am confused by this doc and wonder what our options are in BES Express to configure the Private and Public Contacts(folders) and have them both show up on a BB device - torch 9800?

The user already has the Private contacts working but not Public.

is this possible?

Thanks for any ideas or help.

-SP

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Re: BES: Express 5.0.3 Bundle12 - how to configure Public Folder - Company Calendar for BB devices?

BES does not support public folder calendar sync, only contacts. I feel what you are trying to accomplish just is not an option technically.

You could look into using something like sharepoint, with the new sharepoint client to accomplish such a task.

New Contributor

Re: BES: Express 5.0.3 Bundle12 - how to configure Public Folder - Company Calendar for BB devices?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry BOLD 9700
My Carrier: ATT

The links you posted are CONTACTS only, not calendar. The only public folder sync supported by the BES is contacts.

As far as using sharepoint, you would need to look up that documentation. There is a cost involved in rolling out another server and clients to the BBs.

New Contributor

Thanks - think this is a possible solution?

http://www.codetwo.com/exchange-folder-sync
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Seems like it would be, but you will be duplicating data to the mailboxes.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thx - But - what other options do I have?

Upgrade to Exchange 2007/2010 and create a Resource calendar from the public shared Company Calendar?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

most calendar info is small in data, its when users attach docs, pic, and other stuff that will bloat it fast

I dont think 2007 or 2010 will do it either.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thx. Just can;t believe Exchange can't show a shared calendar in some shape or form...I know it is considered a public folder but...wow.
New Contributor

Darest I ask but... are there other Servers than BES that can show the public folders - a MS product or ?