Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: BES V5.0.3
My Carrier: Telstra

BES Migration

Hi,

I am planning on migrating users from my current BES V4.X on Win2K3 server to V5.0.3 on  Win2K8R2 server.

As far as I can see I should be using the BB Transporter Tool, however, for this to work I need both servers on line at the same time.

As both servers share the same SRP this is not achievable.  From what I have read on this issue, I can obtain a migration pack which has a second SRP ID for the duration of the migration.  After 90 Days this becomes the live server.

Has anyone had similar experiences with this issue, and are there any work around to this?

Thanks

Simon

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Migration

you can get a migration kit from T support is you have it.

you get 90 days to ove users and the old SRP becomes invalid after.

I used transporter with great success.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Hi,

We do not have T Support and do not expect to get it.

is this the only place you can get the migration pack from, or can i get one from my local Telco?

If not can i just purchase a new one?

Thanks

Simon

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I know a few that used BES Express as a middle man to migrate users and it is free.

install BES 5 express, move users over with transporter and once done, remove old BES, database, etc 

install new Full BES and move users to it with transporter.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
My Device: BB8700
My Carrier: Bharti Airtel-INDIA

transportor will work perfectly fine in this secnario....

Deepak
Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

de829896 wrote:

transportor will work perfectly fine in this secnario....

Yes it will but you cant have 2 BES running with same SRP at same time.

Bulk mode can work but most dont want down time.

Contributor

OK I have a temp SRP but still can not bring both BES servers on line at the same time.

I get a warning message telling me that there is already ad BES server running???

How do I get both BES servers on line at the same time and running.

Thanks

Simon

Guru III
My Device:

sjeary wrote:

OK I have a temp SRP but still can not bring both BES servers on line at the same time.

I get a warning message telling me that there is already ad BES server running???

How do I get both BES servers on line at the same time and running.

Thanks

Simon

Where did you get this message? Did you install BES on differenet hardware than original BES?

Contributor

Yes I have built a new BES server as the old one will be retired.

Old server is on Win2K3 and new one is on Win2K8 R2.  All I want to do is move the BB users from one server to another whilst both are on line using the Transported, but it won't let me.

Thanks

Simon

Guru III
My Device:

So you have both old BES and new BES running now?

What error are ou gettting when using transporter?