Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

BES Pushout Latest BB Messenger Release

I apologize in advanced if this was already covered in another thread.
We are running BES 4.1 SP6. Our current policy does not allow users to upgrade or install apps on their BB’s.
With the recent changes made to BB Messenger. Does anyone know of a way to allow us to push out the latest and greatest release of BB Messenger so that our users will stop receiving the upgrade message from RIM as they are running the older version?
I also read somewhere that the latest release of BB Messenger is easier on the phones battery juice as well.

Thanks in advance.

Olidus~

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BES Pushout Latest BB Messenger Release

Anytime users try to upgrade their BBM recieving the following error.
"The IT Policy set for this device prevents installation of Third Party applications. Contact your Systems Administrator for details."

Is BBM considered a 3rd party app even though it is created by RIM?
BBM was upgraded on the phones before activating on BES. We just completed a roll out of new devices and now have a boat load of phones on BES that are running 5.0.0.33 and would like to get them to 5.0.0.57 for multiple reasons. Mainly so that the users can stop complaining that they keep recieveing the message to update when in fact they can't.

I am simply wanting to know if there is any way we can allow them to upgrade without removing the 3rd party app lock down. Does RIM offer a package that BES admins can push out to phones for updates to BBM

Olidus~

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Pushout Latest BB Messenger Release

There is no package that I am aware of.

You can push it but it involves a bunch of work to do so.

basically you install BBM on a device and export it to COD/ALX files and then publish a package via BES.

I have never done this but have heard of success stories.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V