Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES Server Stops Sending Email

We have had this problem for sometime with our BES server. Our office uses a software package called GoExchange on our Exchange 2003 server which performs an offline maintenance routine on our mailstores. We do maintenance on one mailstore every Sat evening which runs for 7-12 hours. Each mailstore is done once every 16 weeks. The problem we have been having is that the BES server stops sending out email to users in the other stores after a period of time.

We have had to created a script which restarts the BES services when the mailstore remounts in order for the services to start sending mail out. We thought moving to ver 5 would help solve this problem but no luck. Has anyone ever come across this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?  

Thanks

Vic

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Server Stops Sending Email

So when the offline maintenance is performed on the BESadmin's (servic account for BES) mailbox storage group the others are affected correct?

Do you run more than one BES?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

The BesAdmin account is not in the mailstore that is offline. We are going to run so tests this weekend, but BES Tech Support told me the when BES can't contact the mailstore it thinks Exchange is off line but I really don't believe it's the case as I'm sure that other users get email. I'm going to test that this weekend.

A problem we just noticed since upgrading to version 5 is that the batch file we run to restart the BES services has started running at same time each Sunday morning, it's not supposed to run until the maintenance job has completed.  Very strange.

We have only one BES server.

Vic 

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Hi,

So when the GoExchange is doing its thing on a Saturday,

Can you open Oulook and send and recieve emails?

Or does the GoExchange lock the server so it can backup the server in that state?

It does look like the server is being "pulled down" by GoExchange and thus the BES can taccess the mailstores..

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq