Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

BES Switch from Vodafone to o2

Gents

My company is running BES Version: 5.0.2.28 we have had it 8 months but in a few weeks we are switching provider from Vodafone to o2. 

We only have 500 staff only 20 BB Users but this will grow as the overseas sales teams grow.

How will this switch affect our functionality?  What should we take into account prior to switching.  We have remote workers all over the world obviously minimum amount of downtime is essential.

Will the BES only be functional with Vodafone? Do we need to get Vodafone and 02 in to effectively unlock the BES and reassign functionality to O2?

Any advice is appreciated. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Switch from Vodafone to o2

BES SRPs and CALs are carrier AND platform agnostic (does knot care)

BES doesn't use the carrier at all.
BES routes data by way of SRP to the RIM infrastructure and addresses data to the PIN of the device.
The RIM network "talks" to the carriers network to get the data to the device.

In other words dont worry about it, it works.
The only thing you need is a BES data plan from your carrier

Please inform users that they have to switch their personal BIS accounts, this is not something that will affect BES nor can be fixed by BES>

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

So you do mean aslong as all the users phone packages are switched to O2 aswell they will be ok??

I assume that Hard BlackBerry Resets will be necessary post switch over?  once confirmed that all phones contracts are set up for BB Data plans etc?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

dixona wrote:

So you do mean aslong as all the users phone packages are switched to O2 aswell they will be ok??

Are you getting new phones or unlocking the old with use of new SIMs?

I assume that Hard BlackBerry Resets will be necessary post switch over?

They need to swap SIM card or get a new device.

once confirmed that all phones contracts are set up for BB Data plans etc?  What do you mean?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

I have been told Vodafone will be supplying O2 with the device unlock codes and they will unlock them and o2 have a BES plan ready.  So i guess that clears that up.  I just dont know if i will need to do anything for the users in other countries like talk them through a reset and reactivation.  Thanks for your help.  The unlocking the devices is what i couldnt remember i had to that a few months ago, just glad i wont have to recall all the phones. 

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

unlock device

insert SIM

when device boots it will work for BES if the correct dataplan is on the SIM

For personal email accounts the users need to disable all accounts and set them up again on the new service.

OS 7 devices might not like the SIM swap with BlackBerry ID. but the forums for those devices should assist the users.