06-12-2013 08:20 PM
Hi. Sorry, bu t what do you mean by the device were provisioned incorrectly? thanks
06-13-2013 04:12 PM
Well it turns out it was not fixed after all - however today I made contact with Blackberry support (have a contract) and found out what is causing the problem. When AT&T reset my account for the first time I noticed a Blackberry icon up where my AT&T and wifi signal indicators are. Somehow the account was not setup correctly. Worked fine for a week and then I recieved the dreaded "Your device is not connected to a network......." message.
Today the agent told me that if I watch when I have an error it's likely the BlackBerry icon is missing. Sure enough it was and she had me remove/reinstall the battery and when it came back up the icon was there. When you do this don't shut the device down first or it won't work.
They are having a problem maintaining connectivity through AT&T's network to the BlackBerry network. When the BB network can't be reached the icon disappears so just watch for that and yank the battery.
A patch is in the works and we should have it for AT&T devices in a week or maybe two.
06-21-2013 05:31 PM - edited 06-21-2013 05:33 PM
Well as simple as that solution sounded it does not reliably work. Calling BES support almost daily and now they say I just need to wait for the next OS patch. Of course AT&T won't take the phone back after you have had it 60 days (while trying to get it working) this thing sucks!!!!
Maybe I am setting a record for the most account delete/reinstalls on a smart phone in one week.
07-13-2013 04:07 AM
did you get this resolved. i stumbled on this thread because i have 3 AT&T phones that's doing this. I upgraded to the official 10.1 from at&t and not an issue. I have an unlocked z10 and no issues.
07-15-2013 09:21 AM
Not yet - matter of fact I got the dreaded message just a minute ago - worked all weekend though which was nice. 10.1 did not help my Z10 although it does seem to work differently. It went two days before having the error after the upgrade.
Last Friday we started doing packet captures at one of the firewalls to see what's going on with these AT&T devices and the first comments I heard were that the packet sizes were really big. Still looking.
The Verizon devices are working fine, have had one device come up with a similar error in the last 2 months and readding the password fixed that one. On mine that rarely works - usually end up deleting the account on the Z10 and readding.
08-05-2013 10:04 AM
We believe we have this fixed and it looks like the problem was on our side.
The fact that Verizon users were working fine and the single AT&T unit rarely worked more than a few days was confusing and then, week before last, a couple of Verizon users began having problems. Since the user with the biggest problem sat right outside my office it suggested an environment problem and we traced it to a wireless video extender product from a company called Diamond. Their support was chatting with me until I brought up "bleed over" to LTE networks and then they quit e-mailing. The device was within 3 meters of our desks.
That fixed the in-office problem, but not every problem. BB support confirmed authentication errors in our activesync logs - confusing because the Verizon devices seemed to handle them OK - and we made a change on the Exchange 2003 server which seems to have fixed it although there are still some errors. In the ActiveSync properties / Authentication Methods screen we added a check for Basic authentication in addition to the default Integrated Windows Authentication.
We are happy users again at this point.