Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES and BESX in same environment - Public IP question

Good Afternoon all,

We are looking at installing a BES Express instance in our environment that already has BES installed. We are aware that they can run in the same Windows / AD domain and Exchange environment but must have a different configuration database (Blackberry Domain).

One of the questions that I have is regarding IP addressing. We know that the servers open an outbound connection on port 3101, but do we have to use a different public IP address for each server (BES and BES EXPRESS).

I am under the impression that we can install both instances and they can share the same public IP as they will use the SRP as the unique identifier.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Mike

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES and BESX in same environment - Public IP question

mikez1 wrote:

Good Afternoon all,

We are looking at installing a BES Express instance in our environment that already has BES installed. We are aware that they can run in the same Windows / AD domain and Exchange environment but must have a different configuration database (Blackberry Domain).

One of the questions that I have is regarding IP addressing. We know that the servers open an outbound connection on port 3101, but do we have to use a different public IP address for each server (BES and BES EXPRESS). NO

I am under the impression that we can install both instances and they can share the same public IP as they will use the SRP as the unique identifier.

Is this correct? yes.

Thanks

Mike

Keep in mind that depending on you firewall/WAN setup, you might need more than 1 IP address if you are to publish web desktop manager or BAS fo remote users.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks very much for the response.

So if we are not going to publish the web desktop manager or BAS to remote users, then both will work ok through one single public IP address?

Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

New Contributor

Apologies, I have just seen the "Yes." in bold attached to the previous. Please ignore my last.

Thanks for your help!

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Your welcome, glad to have helped out.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V