Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: BES
My Carrier: BES

BES services terminated

Hi all,

I am new to the whole BES thing and don't work with it primarily. I am currently trying to find out the reason why our BES services terminated unexpectedly a few days back. We were able to manually restart the service and everything was fine, but still don't want BES services terminating unexpectedly. 

While looking at the logs, I noticed that BES server was not able to connect to DB server, because DB server was being rebooted. It  took about 10 minutes for the DB server to come back up. And before the DB server was up and running 100%, BES services went down. I am able to see lots of attempts to re-connect from BES server to the DB server while the DB server was down. Is this supposed to happen i.e. BES services going down then DB server is not available? 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES services terminated

BES should recover from a SQL outage/reboot.

is your SQL server running other roles like GC or DC?

boot order

DC, GC, Exchange SQL, BES

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: BES
My Carrier: BES

No, its only used as DB server.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

are you using HA?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Guru III
My Device:

some info for you

Recommendations for when the Microsoft SQL Server is unavailable or offline for maintenance