Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10, Z30, Passport
My Carrier: ATT

Re: BES10 Trade Up CALs for BES 10.1

Just found a couple threads on CrackBerry.com.  So the upgrade from bes5 to bes10 was perpetual, but the additional upgrade of those same cals to 10.1 reverts them to term (1yr).  Basically BB is giving me a year to convert people to BB10.  Toward the end of the term those that have been converted will be issued as perpetual and the others will expire or need to be renewed. 

But if I purchase new bes10 cals they convert to perpetual 10.1 cals.  Most of this you already stated...just needed that second opinion.  I hate to lose cals that we have had under support for years because of the bait and switch between 10 and 10.1.  That was the whole reason to keep them under support was for the ability to upgrade the software. 

In the end those that are upgrading will by the end of the year.  Those that are not will not.

fyi...I just purchased a few BES10 cals that will be perpetual when converted...at least I do not have to worry about those expiring