Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES10, Z10, encryption enforced or not?

We have a BES10 setup with a couple Z10s. My boss is asking about encryption and wants me to ensure that the work data sitting on our Z10s is indeed encrypted.

Going through the IT policies on the BES, I notice that there is no specific option to "force device encryption". It ONLY gives an option for "Personal Space Data Encryption" or "Media Card Encryption". It does NOT give an option to force encryption of a.) the entire device or b.) just the work space.

So my question is... is the work space data encrypted by default and thus is why there's no specific option in the IT policy? Is it not able to encrypt the work space? Or is the BES policy just unclear, and if I turn on "force encryption of the personal space" does that also encrypt the work space?

I looked on an activated Z10 device and under Settings -> Security I noticed that the "Device Encryption" section does not give an option for personal vs. work, and that the current setting is off. So what's the deal?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Re: BES10, Z10, encryption enforced or not?

Accourding to this official BlackBerry Documentation the device- Work Perimeter is encrypted:

See Page 44-45

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/49294/BlackBerry_Device_Service_6.2_Security_Techni...

Regards,

Hape