Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Visitor
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Bell

BES10 email accent problem

Hello,

we're in the process of deploying BES10 in our company.  We've have deployed a few phones as of now (1 Q10 , 1 Z10 and 2 X Z30) and all of them have the same problem, all emails sent internally by a new BB are received in Outlook without any accent (Canadian French environment).  In fact, all accentuated letters are removed from the body of the message.  

Here's our setup:

1 BES on Windows 2008 R2 (VM) 

1 Exchange 2003 SP2

BB phones are up to date (10.2.0.429)

Users use Outlook 2007

If I send the same email containing accents to a gmail account everything is fine. We know that the problem is related to the encoding (UTF-8) of the email sent but we've tried a few changes in our Outlook and nothing has worked yet. I've searched and I've found this:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/Q10-problem-with-letter-with... but I'm not sure it's exactly the same issue.  

We get the same result if the phone is connected directly to Exchange with Active Sync or activated on the BES10 

Any help would be appreciated since our deployment as come to a halt because of this problem. Management is not really patient at this point, so we need an answer soon or they might just dropped the project.

Thanks!

Dave