Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES5 / Domino 8.5 - Messages move back to Inbox

I am aware of the issue of users with more then 255 folders having messages move back to their inbox after being filed using the Notes client and I am wondering if there is any interim solution to this while MR3 is being worked on?  We have a large number of users being impacted by this and is continuing to get worse each day.  

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: BES5 / Domino 8.5 - Messages move back to Inbox

This is definitely something we've been running into. I'll send you a private message to get some more information.

As the latest changes in KB19130 show, this issue already occurs since June! (BES5 was published in May)

The only workaround I found so far: Deactivating the mail synchronisation between Notes and the devices of affected users!

So what is the conclusion? You may choose by yourself:

1. RIM does not give any priority in fixing this annoying bug.

2. RIM is not able to fix it.

3. Not many Notes shops already upgrade to BES 5.0.

RIM, please wake up!

Contributor

In RIM's defense, after having opened a support request with them for this a day ago, they have been actively working on resolving the issue and have escalated the issue internally to provide a patch for me.   Once I have the patch applied and have confirmed that everything is back to normal, I will post a follow-up.  If you are also experiencing this, I would recommend contacting RIM support for assistance so they can help you as well.

Contributor

Maybe you are in more luck than me...

I have already opened a case at the T-Mobile BlackBerry support team three weeks ago, which is escalated to RIM. Parallel I opened a case directly at RIM's support.

In the meantime T-Mobile even provided me with MR3 - which should solve the bug - but did not!

Some of our users already smashes their BBs at the wall, because the issue is more harmful than the official description may suggest: Even mails filed with the Notes client are moved back to the inbox by BES. You can imagine, that users with that much folders have a cause why they need them...

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

I sent a private message to pmeuser to get some information about the case he opened.

I am happy to report that the fix provided by RIM for this issue does appear to have resolved this issue.  If anyone is experiencing this and you are unable to wait for MR3 to be re-released (which should contain the same fix), then I would recommend contacting RIM support directly.  You will also want to make sure that you have your BES logging settings on "Debug", as they will most likely ask you for a day or two of logs to confirm the problem.

Contributor

Do you have any identification number for the fix?

RIM's support simple set my support request to the status "resolved" twio weeks ago although I never received any solution! This is the easy way to get rid of reported product bugs ...  Also I received an unconfirmed info, that a release of MR3 may never happen, because of its bugginess. Very strange.

Contributor

The fix # was identified as being for SDR370522.  As for MR3, I am not sure if/when that will be released - my guess is that RIM is now focused on SP1 which is rumored to drop in a few weeks and will include everything that was originally slated for MR3.

Contributor

After 4 weeks of insistent requests to the support teams of T-Mobile and RIM I got access to a replacement file of nbes.exe (was version 5.0.0.139, now 5.0.0.134, last modification dated to 6. of August!).

Since two days I am free of the annoying error messages, that occur if a message was moved back to inbox. I can not understand why it takes that much effort to reach this point, but after all I am happy to leave this annoying bug behind...

Peter