Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

BESX 5.x to BES10 Upgrade: How to?

WE have a basic BES Express 5.x installation running, and I am in the position of having to upgrade to BES10 in a hnurry.  Normally I'd take the time to prepare for such a thing but time isn't on my side.  Can anybody recommend a "quick start" guide or method to get BES10 installed?  I realize we would have to buy CALs but once that's done, and let's say I download the 60-day trial of the software, is there a lot of other prep work involved?  This is an Exchange 2010 Standard server, with BESX 5.x installed on the same server. 

Thank you. 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BESX 5.x to BES10 Upgrade: How to?

[ Edited ]

its pretty easy to get going, I did my BDS install in 30 minutes.

you cant upgrade to BES 10, you can only add it to existing environment

download trial and follow the manual, dont use the trial CALs, but use the ones you bought so they wont expire

make sure you dont try to install on 32 bit OS and use a new server install or new VM

mine is running nice on 2012 64 bit

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Argh the RIM webpage randomly does not load - they need to get that fixed, I just posted something and lost it thanks to that.  It's happened 3 times this morning on their site. 

Anyway, knottyrope, I will download BDS and look at that manual.  I really don't want to create a whole new VM just for BDS though, but in either caes I hope the manual discusses all that stuff. 

Btw, 30 minutes for you, 30 hours for me Smiley Happy Hopefully less. 

Contributor
My Device: 8xxx & 9xxxx
My Carrier: bouygues / orange / SFR

Hello,

If I correctly undrstood, you do have simultaneous BESX 5.2 and BES10.2.2, running on two different servers Win 2008 and acessing the same Exchange server 2010 on a third serveur ?  Where is the SQL running ? And, are your BES holding servers joined to the same domain as Exchange, or stand-alone ? 

I am currently trying to make this move, if this concurent installation works "in production" for you, I think I'll start this week! 

Thank you !

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

f5r6e4e4 wrote:

Hello,

If I correctly undrstood, you do have simultaneous BESX 5.2 and BES10.2.2, running on two different servers Win 2008 and acessing the same Exchange server 2010 on a third serveur ?  Where is the SQL running ? And, are your BES holding servers joined to the same domain as Exchange, or stand-alone ? 

I am currently trying to make this move, if this concurent installation works "in production" for you, I think I'll start this week! 

Thank you !

you can run Both BES on same server or run on separate ones

SQL can be local or remote. I have a full SQL server that has both BES 5 and 10 databases and 7 of our CRM, PDM, HR, Service, Time  databases

yes BES 5 needs to be joined to domain

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V