Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BPS 4.1.4 on one server, migrate/upgrade BES 5 on different server?

Looking through some of the resources and see mentioning of upgrading BES 4 to BES 5, going from BPS to BES on the same box (both referencing v4.x), but don't see any mention about going from BPS 4.x on one box to BES 5 on a separate box. Only have about 12 users right now, but will be adding 10-15 more in the next few weeks, and with the BPS situation as it is with RIM, wanted to go ahead and move to BES anyway.

Can someone direct me on what procedures I'll need to follow (please provide link if possible)?

Thanks.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BPS 4.1.4 on one server, migrate/upgrade BES 5 on different server?

[ Edited ]

There is no direct upgrade. You have to upgrade to BES 4.1 first then to 5.0. Cost is about $2800.00 USD and includes 5 CALs. Then you have to buy BES 5.0 for another 999.00.

Better to buy BES 5.0 for 2999.00 and move your current CALs over. Also you will have to remove current users and reactivate on the BES 5.0 server.

Beyond 30 users or to upgrade to BES 4.1
To expand your deployment beyond 30 users, you can update to BlackBerry Enterprise Server by purchasing a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Trade-up Key. You can purchase the update key through your wireless service provider or online from the BlackBerry Store.

https://www.blackberry.com/purchaseonline/main.jsp

Message Edited by knottyrope on 08-28-2009 11:34 AM

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V