Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BPS to BES 5 Upgrade - BAS issues

Hi All

I'm not an IT man but was tasked with upgrading our BPS 4.1.4.3 to BES 5.0.0.

I have done the BES 5 course from RIM but as I am not an IT man some of it goes over my head.

The upgrade went OK and our BES 5.0.0 is up and running, emails, calendar etc work fine.

However when I try and log into the BAS via our web URL it cannot display the page.

I have double checked the URL and that the site is trusted in Internet Explorer and I selected for the BAS components to be installed onto the same computer as the other BES components.

I am now stumped as to where to look and what to check, in the training we talked about the ports that the DNS is using and that the BAS is trying to use but I have not recollection of where to look and how to check or change these.

Where do I start?

Help much appreciated.

Tom

Trusted Contributor

Re: BPS to BES 5 Upgrade - BAS issues

Hi everyone I managed to find one fault and rectify that, but scanning the logs for the fault is not a strength of mine.

I have managed to stop the BAS from restarting everytime we try and access it but I still have no access.

I have read some of the KB articles on this but some of it is above my head.

Anyone got any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

There were a few issues with it, SP1 fixed a few of them but cant promise it will fix your issue.

you can get free support call.

https://www.blackberry.com/besc/dashboard/

All at absolutely no cost to you or your organization!

The BESC gives you a suite of valuable tools, and includes a Complimentary Support Incident should you need to contact BlackBerry Technical Support directly.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

Hi All

I have tried reinstalling the BES / BAS today, and have registered for the BESC.

I have made sure our IT company have port 443 open but this does not appear when doing a netstat/a which I thought was a bit odd.

The other thing that concerned me is that there is no registration under the IIS that the BES has created a web page for me to access.

Starting to befuzzle me now, as my IT is not that strong.

Thanks for anyones help.

Tom

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

It does not use IIS.

It uses tomcat.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Trusted Contributor

Does it install Tomcat itself or do I need to install that myself?

Guru III
My Device:

It should of installed it when setting up BAS.

Are you running IIS on the same server for anything else?

Trusted Contributor

Not as far as I am aware of, we have nothing else running on the server and I do not think it is used for anything else.

Do the 2 clash and cause a conflict?

Guru III
My Device:

Yes the two can clash. If nothing is running in IIS then you might have a different issue.

Trusted Contributor

I reckon I might do, there is nothing running in IIS and I have tried reinstalling the BES today as well as I mentioned.

Registered to the BESC today so will try them tomorrow,

Sounds to me that although it appears to have installed and be running ok that the BAS has not installed properly.