Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: O2 Czech Republic

BUDS: HTTPS connection between Communication Module in the DMZ and Core Module

Hi,

we prepare an implemetation of BUDS (architecture - Universal Device Service with the Communication Module installed in the DMZ). We have only one problem with incoming connection from Communication Module to Core Module with HTTPS, port 8081. Our domain policy does not allow the HTTPS connection from DMZ to the domain (there are some procedures on the firewall that controll communication from DMZ to the domain.

So, is it necessary to use HTTPS or this is not allowed to configure? If not, what type of communication runs through this HTTPS connection?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BUDS: HTTPS connection between Communication Module in the DMZ and Core Module

Hi zpec,

Thanks for the question. The Communication Module manages the Universal Device Service communication. The Communication Module is installed on a computer in the DMZ and must be able to access the Internet so that it can communicate with devices. To prevent an unauthorized user from having direct access to the other Universal Device Service components, the Communication Module is installed on a computer in the DMZ, between the DMZ firewall and your organization's firewall. It then relays that information to the internal components.

The Architecture of the Universal device service can be found here:
http://blck.by/10hd15f
Other Universal Device Service documentation can be found here:
http://blck.by/10hcVL5

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!