Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry Enterprise Server License Trade Up

scratchduffer wrote:
Anyone know if Bes 4.x licences qualify?

The CALs I have purchased over the past 6 years worked fine

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30, PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

I've used it a number of times as well, and haven't had any rejections or issues.

BES 5.0.4
BES 10.2
BES 12.3
Exchange 2010
SQL2008R2
Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

You get 20 trial licenses. When you convert your legacy licenses the originals remain usable on the legacy bes so you can gradually activate OS 10 devices as they are rolled out, leaving your old bes running older devices.
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z30, PRIV
My Carrier: Bell

If you have an SRP entry issue, copy and past directly from the BAS window. I did see an issue where it was copied from the BAS into word, and from word into the license trade-up window and it wouldn't accept it. Notepad should be a safer bet too.

Another issue  to be aware of;  when you do the first license trade-up, make sure you have enough to trade-up,  covering the users actively on BES10. It doesn't allow you to have the 20 trial licenses in parrallel with traded up (permanent) licenses.

BES 5.0.4
BES 10.2
BES 12.3
Exchange 2010
SQL2008R2
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q / Playbook
My Carrier: Siminn

What to do if you have BES express?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

iceguy wrote:

What to do if you have BES express?

Buy the CALs that you need.

BES Express CALs are not part of the trade up program.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
My Device: 8320
My Carrier: china mobile

We have two CALs, can we just trade-up one and keep the other at bes 4.1? and is it possible to trade-up it in months?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone

Yes, partial trade up is possible.

Regards,
backbone2k
Guru III
My Device:

The BES12 platform is expected to be available by the end of 2014. An early adopter program will be open for participation this summer. For more information on BlackBerry’s enterprise mobility management solutions, please visit www.BES10.com.

The EZ Pass offer including Advantage-level technical support will be available March 31, 2014 through January 31, 2015.(3) Please visit www.blackberry.com/ezpass to apply for the program. The Silver and Gold pricing structure will be in effect beginning March 31, 2014.(4) Please visit www.blackberry.com/pricingupdate.

Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]

The traded up Client Access Licenses (CALs) that you received prior to December 31, 2013, as part of the trade up program, could have been either 10.0 or 10.1 CALs:

› Your traded up 10.0 CALs are not bound by an expiration date and will continue to work after March 31, 2014 on your BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.0 server. In order to use the perpetual 10.1 CALs that were provided last week, you will need to upgrade your server to version 10.1 or higher.

› Your traded up 10.1 CALs expire on March 31, 2014. Be sure to claim and install your new perpetual CALs before then, especially if you have BlackBerry® 10 devices attached to your BES 10.1 server.

Please see the BlackBerry Knowledge Base article (ID: KB35732) for a list of Frequently Asked Questions regarding the trade up and claim process.

Should you have further questions, please email licensetradeup@blackberry.com and a representative will review your request.