Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry device initializing after move to BES 5.0

We are migrating our BES 4.1.6 users to BES 5.0 using the Blackberry Enterprise Transporter tool.  On a couple of users after the move, they noticed the Activation icon on their BB device and the status was initializing.  Their BB worked fine while in this stage.  After a restart of their BB device and within 10 minutes the Activation Icon is gone.  There was no error in the migration log. Anyone seen this?  Thanks. 
Contributor

Re: BlackBerry device initializing after move to BES 5.0

tng403,

I started seeing this today as well. I was just about to post the issue and saw yours. I am in the same exact situation as you. We're going from 4.1.6 to 5.0. I migrated myself and one other user last week without issue. Yesterday I migrated my manager and today I migrated another manager and they were seeing the issue you described below. Like you said, everything seems to work fine and communication is good between the device and the BES server, and BAS shows these users to be ok,  but the enterprise activation icon stays on their home screen until the phone is rebooted. I haven't found anything on this yet but when I do a mass migration for the rest of the company I don't want to have to ask everyone to reboot their phone. I haven't changed anything on the BES server between the two migrations where I didn't see this issue and the two were I did so I'm not sure why now I am seeing this. I don't think it has anything to do with the model of the phone either because I have the same model as the two people who had this issue (Bold 9000)

Anyone else seen this and found a fix?

Contributor

Hey tng403,

Before launching the migration did you check the box for Trigger SlowSync? I did not. What I am reading is that this the same process that occurs during an enterprise activation. If it is not selected it will start the sync process after the move. I'm wondering if checking this will change anything? Also, how long have you waited before rebooting one of the devices in order to get the enterprise activation icon to disappear?

My boss noticed the icon around 7:30pm EST yesterday and when I got in this morning it was still on his home screen. He then rebooted his device and it went away.

Contributor

Hi Stevepasq,

Yes, I always select the Trigger SlowSync with the move.  One of my user restarted his BB device about 2 hours after his account been moved.  Another user restarted a hour after his move but it took a few hours before the icon disappeared. I'm going to open a ticket with Blackberry support and see if they have seen this. 

Contributor

Ok, sounds good Please let me know if they have any suggestions.
Contributor

Here's the answer.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB18796

Contributor

thanks for posting this, tng403 but it looks like I am going to have to call their support anyway. Both of my servers are set for 3DES and AES so it doesn't look like this the cause of my issue. Thanks again for the info.
Highlighted
Contributor

I noticed this is only happening when I migrate a Bold. We have users with Cuves and they do not have this issue. I called BES support and apparently there is a known issue when migrating Bolds to BES 5. I was told they are working on a fix but received no other information. Just to be sure the newest software version that came out this tuesday for the Bold would or would not fix my problem I upgraded yesterday, deleted my account from the BES 5 server, wiped the handheld, added to our 4.1.6 server and then migrated back over to 5.0 w/MR2. Still see the ent activation icon on my home screen. It takes about 2-3 hours for it to show every component activated but the icon never goes away until I power off the phone and pull the battery. So, it looks like the latest software release doesn't fix this issue and hopefully they are still working on it.
Contributor

So far only 2 users out of 300 experienced this issue.  They were a 9000 and a 8830 BB device.
crz
New Contributor

Am experiencing same problem.  Transporter migrations from BES 4.1.6 to new BES 5 server w/ new BlackBerry domain and BESMgmt database.

Have migrated about 20 accounts so far and at least 2 rebooted.  One in the middle of a phone call.  The two devices so far have been a 8310 and 8900.  Altough we also have 9000, 8100 and 8220's  OS on the devices vary.

Call logged with RIM but just a vague "its to do with different IT policies", even though we only have 3 policies that have been replicated to the new server and not all devices are rebooting.

If anyone has a better answer please post.

Also if there is a way I can find out up-front which devices might reboot.  Or after migration which devices rebooted.

Thanks