Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobile
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Enterprise Server BES 10.1 / How ActiveSync Connection works with BDS and UDS

Hello, 

i have a few questions about the new version bes 10.1 and active sync / mail profile connections: 

1. BDS / Blackberry OS10 Devices:

1.1. Configuration of the Mail Profile in BDS: Do have to specify the internal exchange server URL or the external. as far as i know is the connection from Blackberry devices through BES10.1 Server tunneld and established internally. So is there any need of publishing exchange to external ? which servername should i specify in the mail profile ? 

2. UDS / iOS and Android Devices 

2.1. Similar Question here: Configuration of the Mail Profile in UDS: Do have to specify the internal exchange server URL or the external. as far as i know is the connection from iOS / Android devices directly esatblished to exchange cas server. is that correct ?So i need of publishing exchange to external ? i have to use the external servername in the UDS Mail Profile ?

thanks for feedback,

best. 

Martin

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Blackberry Enterprise Server BES 10.1 / How ActiveSync Connection works with BDS and UDS

1: Internal - your description is right
2: External - your description is wrong. UDS devices cannot use the UDS as a tunnel and therefore they need a direct connection to the mailserver. You could use VPN and internal names, but would not my preferred method on terms of support.
BlackBerry will release another client (container/sandbox) in the future and the traffic from that app can be routed through BES10. I have no pricing and timeframe for that new client.

Was my answer helpful? - Like it please!
Did my answer solved your request? - Mark it as solution Smiley Happy
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com