Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9900
My Carrier: China Moible

Blackberry enterprise server monitoring.

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys,

I knew since BES5.0 SP4, the blackberry monitoring service will be uninstalled. I may have some questions,

1. Does RIM offical have the approved/recommanded tools to monitor BES?

2. If there is some tools can actually monitor BES, i am wondering whether those kind of tools are natually monitoring from SNMP tables? Or, it's integrated with BES?

Appreciate your attention. Thanks.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Blackberry enterprise server monitoring.

RIM does not have a tool anymore, but provides a MIB file for SNMP monitoring if you want to integrate that to your existing monitoring solution.
Otherwise there are some tools on the market. They are using SNMP, Logs, Database, Webservices, WMI...
B*Nator would be one example that provides a good monitoring integration additionally to its other features.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
Trusted Contributor
My Device: RIM Z10
My Carrier: PLUS (Poland)

I disagree with you. There is one very cool tool called the BlackBerry System Log Monitoring and Reporting Tool. This tool is located in the Resource Kit. Monitors the BES server logs and take appropriate action (e-mails) if it finds a value in the logs.

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/7635/BB_System_Log_Monitoring_Reporting_Tool_overvi...

I used a B*Nator and it's a cool tool but we have a couple problems with reinstal so I right now configure a SysLog monitor and it's work perfectly

This not make mistakes, who does nothing.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Contributor

I don't know much about B*Nator, i will do some research then. thanks.

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I really did used this tools before, but not got much memory. let me take a try.

Developer
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

oliwer wrote:
RIM does not have a tool anymore, but provides a MIB file for SNMP monitoring if you want to integrate that to your existing monitoring solution.
Otherwise there are some tools on the market. They are using SNMP, Logs, Database, Webservices, WMI...
B*Nator would be one example that provides a good monitoring integration additionally to its other features.

Where is exactly the MIB file for SNMP for BES10?  

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier