Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry is not sending or replying emails randomly

Hey,

I have some users who are going through that problem, afer activating the device the user receives an email he tries to reply and randomly send it or not, this happens with random peoplesending test emails or tring to receive and email from the user in question, any ideas?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry is not sending or replying emails randomly

Have you looked at the BES logs?

Open the BlackBerry Server Configuration application in the start menu and you should see a logging tab. It'll point you to where the logs are kept.

default location :\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerryEnterprise Server\Logs

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

I can see the log file, however this si the first time I get into it and honestly i dont know where to look at, I need to check what is the user's issue to fix it
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

start looking for the user name in the logs and click away until something does not look right.

When you find something post it here.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Hey,

I was checking the logs but there are no names of the users with whi I worked yesterday

Contributor

I cant see any name of the users with who I worked yesterday on the log file, any other idea?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

I'm not sure I understand the problem fully, so you have users who are randomly sending out messages or randomly getting messages?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Contributor

I have users who randomly can send, reply and forward messages, some times when they try to do any of those actions it does not work, example, if I send them a test email and tehjy try to forward it to other BB users some of the emails do go and some just sit there waiting and suddenly are marked with a red X, they try again and those wth the red X do go out this time and some other that were sent the time before are now showing the red X
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

If you open one of those red messages and scroll to the very top under status, what does it say?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Contributor

Hey,

The user reported me that the red X appears as when they do not have signal on the device. Notice that I am not in users site and that is why I take long time to answer you, ty for help :-)