Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 5147150660
Accepted Solution

Can't recreate user after deleting it

Hi,

I'm trying to recreate an user in the BAS and I always receive the message: "The BlackBerry Administration Service cannot find the records you were looking for. Verify the search criteria you specified and try again."

This occur after I deleted the user from the BAS using "Yes - Delete these users and delete all device data for associated devices". Now using his name or email address I can't find the user at all. Every other user of our Exchange 2010 server are visible except this one. The user exist in Exchange and can send and receive emails without any problem.

I deleted this user from the BAS because there was a problem activating OTA (seems because if this)and I thought to try again from scratch but over WiFi.

I tried restarting the services, rebooting the server but the problem persists. I'm not seeing much in the log files but I'm not really sure what to look for and in which file.

Windows Server 2008R2 SP1

BlackBerry Administration Service Version: 6.2.0.36

BlackBerry Dispatcher version: 6.2.0.30

Controller version: 6.2.0

BlackBerry MDS Connection Service version: 6.2.0.29

BlackBerry Enterprise Management Web Service version: 5.0.0 Port: 8444 Enrollment port: 8081

If you need more information please just let me know.

Thanks a lot!

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Can't recreate user after deleting it

I was facing the same issue yesterday evening, i had to edit the database to reactivate the deleted user, if anymone has the solution for this, please put it Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Hello,

When you say "edit the database" do you mean editing directly into the SQL Server or is there some Blackberry tool for that?

Regards

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Swisscom

I mean edit directly the data inside the SQL. I guess there is another way to solve that but as it was an urgent need I did it like this

Regards
Trusted Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone.de

Hi astpierre,

check if the user has still the status "qued"

In the Admin Console click "Manage Users"

in the selection "Default sort creteria"  select "Queued to delete the user"

Check if the user is there if yes. Delete the account again.

Regards,

hape

New Contributor

That was it! I deleted the device from the user and it finally decided to process the queue.

Thanks a lot!