Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Swisscom

Cannot add BES 5 URL to Management Studio

Hi guy's

we have to BlackBerry enviroments, one BES5 and one BES10. I have installed the Management Studio as well on the BES 10. Now i would like to be able to manage also all the old Blackberrys.

As far as i know i only can add the BlackBerry® Administration Service from the BES5 in the BES10 Configuration Tool in the Tab "BlackBerry Management Studio". When i want to do so, i receive this message:

The BES10 Configuration Tool cannot determine if BlackBerry Web Services is running at the URL that you specified. You should verify the port number and host address or pool name for the service you want to add.

Do i need to install the BES5 Adminstration Service on the BES10 in order to be able to manage also the old devices?

Many thanks for a quick reply,

Marc

Contributor
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Cannot add BES 5 URL to Management Studio

Hi guy's

we found the problem. our servers are configured with 2 nic's and 2 different lan's. unfortunatly, the bes is doing the binding of the url on th backend-nic instead of the frontend-nic. the binding in the network configuration of os is correct. is there a possability to force the binding of the administration service to the frontend-nic?

many thanks,

Marc