Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Changes to contacts not syncing to Blackberries

[ Edited ]

We have a BES 5.01 server and have recently noticed that changes made to our Outlook contacts are not syncing to the phones.  ie... if I change a cell phone number in Outlook contacts it doesn't change on my Blackberry.  If I make a new contact it wil sync all of the fields without any issue, it's only individual field changes that are causing the problem.  Any advice?

In addition.. and this might be a whole new issue.  By request, I've changed some field syncing on the BES server (removed "title" sync and modified some address fields).  The adjustements aren't syncing to the Blackberries (title field is still populated).  Will I have to have everybody rset their contacts and resync or is there another solution.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Changes to contacts not syncing to Blackberries

what happenes if you change the notes field by even adding in a single character?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Nothing occurs on any of the Blackberries.  I've tested this with multiple fields and none are syncing.  The only thing that syncs in the contacts is a new contact.  If I "rset" contacts and resync it pulls the new data but obviously I can have the users do that every time a contact change is made.

My Device: 8820
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue yet? 

I currently have a user who has the exact same problem.  I can't find anything on the internet about this issue other then this one posting. 

We have a BES 5.0 server.

Running Exchange 2010 with Office 2007 Clients.

This individual seems to be the only one having this problem, at this time. 

He has a large number of contacts, so deleting the Desktop (sync) service book and then re-creating it after disabling and re-enabling the wireless syncronization I don't think will help resolve the problem in the long run.

If anyone has any idea's your help would be appreciated.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Could be a corrupt contact.

Start with this.

KB10953 - Contacts do not synchronize between BlackBerry smartphones and Microsoft Outlook

Also this works well too
In outlook Make a new folder for contacts called backup

move all contacts to the folder and wait for all to be removed from device

then pull battery on device and put back in

After device boots move contacts from backup to the contacts folder and wait for them all to appear

Make a new contact in outlook and see if it gets to the device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V