Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Reply
Contributor
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎02-24-2012
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Contacts Gone again

After activating balance to my Playbook, I noticed a few days later that all my contacts had disappeared.  After several wipes and difficulty re-activing my device I finally got everything re-established last Wednesday.  On Sunday, all contacts were gone again!  The device had Balance contacts, along with gmail, yahoo, and facebook services.

 

This is annoying in not being able to look people up, but now it is also preventing the creation of new emails. When I enter an address in, it is replaced by a red bracketted error of [object@NoDataVO] which prevents the message from being sent.

 

Additionally in my list of Accounts in settings I have  new line that states "No Service Syncing" with a little gear icon.  I can choose to edit and delete this line as if it was an account, but it just reappears. 

 

Help!

Contributor
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
My Device: N/A

Re: Contacts Gone again

[ Edited ]

This is a major issue.  I have found fusion to work fine with OS 2.0 until a second email account is added (also activesync in my case).  After a few days this issue will creep up and require a wipe.

 

I hope RIM acknowledges this soon since this is being called a 90 day trial and I will not consider activing a since user until this is verified to be resolved.  I am not in the buisness of supporting user's personal devices.

Contributor
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎02-24-2012
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contacts Gone again

I spent several calls with support on this. Found a fix which is reliable. If the second account is a Google account the ”captcha” is hosing things up. KB12288 has a link for unlocking. Do this then reboot you PB and everything OS back.
They are still lookng for a permanent fix.
Contributor
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
My Device: N/A

Re: Contacts Gone again

Thanks for the reply.

Just to be absolutely sure:

I have a device working just fine with Google Apps integration through ActiveSync, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. All is well, contacts, etc. are all integrated and working well.

I then add an Exchange ActiveSync account through BDS/Fusion/Web Desktop Manager. All is fine for a number of days until all of the sudden my contacts ALL dissapear for all accounts and the "No Service Syncing" account line shows up with a sprocket icon that I cannot do anything with including removing all the accounts.

You are saying that doing a captcha per the artical for Google will somehow remove the sprocket/"No Service Syncing" and allow all the contacts for all accounts to show somehow with no left over effects? This seems very "odd" especially since I had removed all the accounts and was still in as bad state.

I am just trying to be absolutely sure before I go through all this again for the sake of testing since carrying 2 PlayBooks lost it's luster after just a single day.
Contributor
Posts: 11
Registered: ‎02-24-2012
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Contacts Gone again

Yep. No wipe (did 5 myself before this) and no need to remove and add accounts. I just followed link to google and restarted playbook. I think the magic number is 4 days before the contacts disappear. And they did go away again on me and I had to do this again. So not a "fix" but a better work around than "wipe and rebuild"!
Contributor
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
My Device: N/A

Re: Contacts Gone again

[ Edited ]

In under a day the issue struck again. Contacts blank with "No services syncing" and [object@NoDataVO] when attempting to enter and address to sent a test message to.

I have gone ahead done the verification from the device and rebooted (I hav e done this twice now and it has not come back).

I was very skeptical since I do not believe this is supposed to be an issue with Google Apps domains syncing over AvtiveSync however I still gave it a good shot.

Did you need to do anything else at all? This is coming from a fresh wipe that was working like a champ for 12 days now. Added work's account and a failure within the day (it did however only come up after rebooting so the timeframe may be related to rebooting).

Contributor
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎09-16-2011
My Device: N/A

Re: Contacts Gone again

Ok, while not feasible for everyone, I did the Google Captcha challenge (as you/RIM suggested as a workaround) from my BDS server (MDS browser would have worked too) instead of the device (tried on the device a number of times) and after a reboot was all back up and running as anticipated.

I am very curious about the traffic flow now... Much more interested than before.

Just wanted to post back to give a small update on this.