Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: Curve - 8250
My Carrier: Etisalat

Delay in Emails coming in for BES Users

We are on Exchange 2007 SP1.

MS SQL Server 2005 Express

Blackberry Enterprise Server for Microsoft Exchange 5.0.3 MR3 (Bundle 93)

We are facing major delays in receiving emails into our BB handsets, its taking more than 15 minutes for emails coming onto our exchange server to show up on our BB handset.

Please advise on how to correct this & where to start troublshooting.

The connectivity checks between the BES server & Exchange Server & the SQL DB are all well tested & successful.

We have rebooted the BES as well.

Kindly advise.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Delay in Emails coming in for BES Users

Firstly, Exchange 2007 SP1 is listed as a mail server with "Limited Support"

You might want to consider updating Microsoft Exchange.

Also, check the latency between the BlackBerry Enterprise Server and the Exchange mailbox servers.  Make sure that it is as low as possible, ideally they would be in the same network subnet.

Make sure that you are using the latest version of MAPI/CDO.

Use as many alternative transport protocols for MAPI traffic as possible.  Enable LDAP for lookups and Exchange Web Services for Calendaring to reduce the overall load on the Microsoft Exchange servers.

Use the messageflow tool from the BlackBerry Resource Kit to get some hard metrics about mail in your environment.  If you are seeing less than 85% of mail being delivered on a Notification, then you might need to confirm your Microsoft Exchange performance by running PerfMon.