Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Deploying apps for BB10 - Corporate Profile

Hi everyone

We are looking at BES 10 and have both a 10.0 and 10.1 server running with a few test devices. 

I'm looking at the application piece, mainly how we can push apps down to the devices.....we didnt really do this with BES5 so I'm not that familiar.

I have one app that has been given to me in a .bar file which seems to be a sort of zip. I've been trying to find in the Admin guide how I can deploy this buy can't see anything! Does anyone know? Is the best process to create a group for it associated to the software configuration? And users can either download from the App World on the Work Profile or it will be pushed?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z-10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Deploying apps for BB10 - Corporate Profile

Hello Maxtor;

Thank you for your question.

The Term(s) you should be focusing on in the BlackBerry Device Service administration guide are;

Software Configuration (this is what is assigned to the individual or group and contains the application\policy information that is being assigned)

Page 52 and forward will describe how to add an app to a software configuration.

In addition you will want to review the BlackBerry Configuration Guide to ensure your environment is configured correctly.

Pushing an app via .bar starts on page 48 of the BlackBerry Device Service administration guide.

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

BlackBerry Documents

BlackBerry Knowledgebase

MAD-VIKING