Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Domain Password Changes

Since updating to BDS 10.0, the Z10/Q10 no longer prompt wwith an invalid password error after the domain password is changed.  We tested this on 6.2 and received a prompt that the password was incorrect and needed to be updated (not verbatim), similar to what happens on iPhone/iPads. 
Now on 10.0 when a user changes their domain password, they do not get a notification or any prompt their device has stopped syning, it simply stops syncing.  After some time, we have noticied that if you go into Accounts and tap on the Work account, it will display a red text error relating to the the password, but you have to go looking for this.

Has anyone else seen this? 
I understand that there are differences because of leveraging ActiveSnc, and we will need to train old BB users to remember this, but since it is something new to learn, I liked that it had prompted in previous versions.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Curve 9700
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Re: Domain Password Changes

I realize my reply here is well after your original post and I myself am looking into more or less the same problem, except I have learned that users eventually do get a prompt to change password except it likely takes abou 8 hours before it happens.  This has something to do with IIS and and password caching, see forum thread link below for a basic description.  I am loathe to edit the registry to work around a problem on a server as half the time, hotfixes, patches, or an upgrade to a newer OS will find some magica way to fail due to reg hacks. 

BlackBerry Support Forum link

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

That's what the consensus seems to point to, but the desired behavior returned when the latest OS was released and devices were updated to 10.1.0.4xxx

Devices on the updated OS are now prompting again with a password reset, while devices not updated still do not (same BES, exchange, email profile, etc)

It doesn't seem logical that settings/changes in IIS or EAS would create different experiences depending on device OS, but anything is possible:

10.0.1.0.85  --> Prompt

10.1.0.2xxx --> No Prompt

10.1.0.4xxx --> Prompt

All testing was done with the same device and we were able to confirm it and recreate with multiple devices.

I guess its a moot point since it working properly on updated devices, but if it is related to OS I'm worried it could resurface with future updates.

Regular Contributor

Thankfully I myself have not yet run into this problem with my users, the one where it continually prompts so for me it has just been that we changed a user AD password and it never took.  Turned out she was just typing it in wrong thankfully.  But at least now I know there are a lot of issues with conitnual password prompting.  <sarcasm>Can't wait to run into it!  </sarcasm>

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

convert to SCEP instead, its a pain to implement but worth it in the log run

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

I had seen a reference in a thread somewhere today saying to use SCEP.  I don't even know what it is yet but I guess it would be worth a look.  I don't mind initial headaches to avoid long-term and unepxected ones.  Bottom line: Does it require any additional licensing or purchasing? 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

[ Edited ]

SCEP is authentication with user SSL certs instead of passwords

goo thread of it here

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/Configuring-SCEP-server-with...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V