Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10 & Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Domino 9 Traveler 9.0.0.1 every Attachment is downloaded

[ Edited ]

With the newest release of IBM Domino / Traveler 9.0.0.1 it is NOT possibe to manage the delivery of

attachments to the BB10 devices!

EVERY Attachment - even it has a size of 25 MB f.e. - is directly pushed to the BB10 device!

With over 600 BB attached to the BES10.1.1 and Traveler 9.0.0.1 Cluster it is a desaster.

Even attachments that never can be opend on a blackberry like Autocat drawings are pushed completly.

Is there a workaround for this?

Subject Title edited to reflect new topic.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Domino 9 Traveler 9.0.0.1 every Attachment is downloaded

[ Edited ]

I would contact Domino support and BlackBerry support if that many users are being affected

can you test with just using active sync (not with BES) to see if it does the same thing?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

What is the maximum email attachment size allowed set to in the Notes Traveler Device Settings?

I've seen some discussion around how emails that contain attachments less than this value are downloaded automatically versus attachments that are larger need to be manually downloaded. 

Creating a Lotus Notes Traveler policy settings document

Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is set to 250KB .

Maximum Email Attachment Size Allowed - Administrator    250 KB
Email Attachments:    Enabled
Email Attachment Size:    100 KB

BUT:

The IBM Notes Traveler administrator setting Maximum Email Attachment Size Allowed - Administrator now only applies to the older Windows Mobile and Nokia Symbian devices.

So, this is not working any more....

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

taltemeier wrote:

It is set to 250KB .

Maximum Email Attachment Size Allowed - Administrator    250 KB
Email Attachments:    Enabled
Email Attachment Size:    100 KB

BUT:

The IBM Notes Traveler administrator setting Maximum Email Attachment Size Allowed - Administrator now only applies to the older Windows Mobile and Nokia Symbian devices.

So, this is not working any more....

I'm not Traveller expert but it is my understanding that this setting does effect BlackBerry devices.  I would suggest opening a support ticket to look further into why your large attachments are being automatically downloaded.

Contributor

Thank you.

But it is official that it does NOT affect BB10 (any more)

http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/dominowiki.nsf/xpDocViewer.xsp?lookupName=Administering+IBM+Notes+Travel...

IBM says that it is "BB's Job to do this"....

Developer
My Device: Bold 9900 7.1
My Carrier: T-Mobile Germany

And I agree with IBM on that (partially).

For this is only a problem, because BlackBerry OS10 does not respect the other two ActiveSync settings "EMail Attachments (YES/NO)" and "EMail Attachment Size", officially. If it were to respect those, the change in Traveler to disable the "Maximum Attachment size allowed" would not be as much of a problem.

BR,

Nallo

Contributor

For us - this is realy a major problem. Every users gets about 20 mails per day with attachments > 15 MB.

600 User x 15MB x 20 = 175 GB a day! No dataplan will cover this. And: We can not stop the delivering

of attachments becauce recieving attachments is important for daily work. But only on request.

The only ways : dropping Blackberry, (works on IOS and Android fine) or dropping IBM Domino / Traveler.

It is known that the old "feature" of "maxium attachment size" will not come back.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 / Playbook
My Carrier: O2 UK

Why oh why BB keep shooting itself in the foot? We got hit by the attachement problem as well. Luckily no 9.0.0.1 here yet otherwise would be really bad. I understand that BB wants to control attachment size by themselves to not get hit by IBM when they decide to change something "on quiet". But why not give a choice to admins to change the value of auto downloaded attachment? Even 1mb as it is now is silly - you get 10-20 of them a day per user and cost builds up. Carriers must love bes10 becasue of that. They will milk it big time. Have anyone found if it is possible to reduce number of auto-downloaded attachments? To me it looks hardcoded or well hidden. 

Thanks

Contributor

Still no solution?