08-29-2013 06:30 AM
I can confirm that upgrading the Traveler server to v9, including an upgrade of the underlying Domino server, has fixed the issue.
20 minutes down time and the end users didn't notice.
08-29-2013 09:42 AM
Can confirm identical issue post .4200 being deployed to several Z10s by O2.
Was on Domino 8.5.3 and Traveler 188.8.131.52 with our BES 10.0 server
Upgraded to Domino 9.0 IF3 and Traveler 184.108.40.206 IF1 and immediately all working.
Thanks for the heads up on the solution - annoyed at O2 unable to provide any real support on this.
08-29-2013 02:53 PM
how many users had either of you guys experienced being affected by this issue, for which the solution was to upgrade Domino and Traveler? In my environment (Domino 220.127.116.11 and Traveler 18.104.22.168 with BES 10), I have about 20 Z10 and Q10 users, only one of whom is experiencing this issue. All other users are fine and fully functional. I'm assuming that either all or a significant number of your respective user base was affected by this issue to warrant an across the board server update, no?
I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700
08-29-2013 03:49 PM
everyone will run into this sooner or later as carriers push out the OS update on the phones
BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.
BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V
08-29-2013 03:50 PM
As far as we were concerned there are 7 Z10s out of 40 devices in total, so not a great proportion, but they are in the hands of senior management so any fail in functionality needs addressing. Those Z10s that worked without issue were all on versions 10.1.0.1703 or earlier and all the Z10s with issue were 10.1.0.4000 or greater.
Check which OS your users are on. It seems that the UK carriers are now pushing 10.1.0.4xxx to handsets and so the problem is beginning to surface.
As a control test I took a Z10 running 10.1.0.1703 and it worked perfectly. It was then upgraded to 10.1.0.4633 and the ability to reply stopped.
Given that one of the senior managers had allowed the automated upgrade to take place and thus was unable to reply a working solution was essential.
The upgrade process required a total down time of 25 minutes.
After the upgrade all affected users confirmed they were able to reply to an email.
08-29-2013 04:00 PM
OK, fair point. I double checked and only have three Z10's on 10.1.0.4xxx, the rest are older. Of those three, only one user is having the issue, so I guess the odds were not as far fetched as I originally thought!!
The problem is that we are a Domino shop, so our Domino mail servers service all 1000 staff, eventhough the Domino/Traveler server only services about 20 Z10/Q10 users. Anyone know what the greatest version discrepancy can be between Domino mail server and associated Traveler server? ie. if I leave my Domino mail server at 22.214.171.124 and upgrade Traveler to 9.0.0 or higher, will I have an issue?
08-29-2013 04:13 PM - edited 08-29-2013 04:16 PM
Are the two users on 10.1.0.4xxx not having the problem or just not reporting it?
We are also a Domino shop and as yet the central server is on 8.5.3 and not immediately planned to upgrade.
What we did was ensure that no design changes were allowed to replicate back to the main server.
Disable replication on all the core NTFs on the hub server.
Uncheck design change replication on the three core NSFs, names, admin4 and events4 on the hub server.
I am reliably informed by the Domino Admin that there should be no issues.
08-29-2013 04:22 PM
oh! so you guys didn't update your entire Domino infrastructure, just the host server for Traveler! got it... I was mulling about how I was going to manage a rather impactful outage for that!
the other two users are quite... ummm... vocal, about any issues and inconsistencies, so I have no doubt that I would have heard about it had there been any!! : )
08-29-2013 04:35 PM