Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: verizon

Duplicate RIM UDS certificates

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I've run into a strange issue where I'm noticing two RIM UDS CA Certificates listed. Going by the dates of their creation, they were both created on the dates we upgraded BES 10

The first certificate was created when we upgraded BES 10.0 > 10.1.2

The second certificate was created when we upgraded BES 10.1.2 >  BES 10.2.1

We ran into an issue yesterday where users were able to download and install the certificate from https://ca.bbsecure.com/sxxxxxxxx/ca but kept receiving error 3006 or 3007 when trying to complete the activation on the BES 10 app.

Could these duplicate certificates be causing some conflict? Oddly enough, today i was able to register my iOS device and it's using the newer certificate created when BES was upgraded to 10.2.1

Thanks for any help!

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30

Re: Duplicate RIM UDS certificates

Hi,

You can safely delete the old certs. This has been fixed in 10.2.2 whereby the old certs are automatically removed during a reinstall.

To identify the correct certificates you just need to match the thumbprint of the RIM UDS SERVER CA cert and the core SSL cert. Also the installer log of UDS will tell you which one was used...

For info, you no longer need to use that link to download the root CA to the device. It's aesthetic now as everything is done using the BWCN over port 3101 (secure connect service)

Don't forget to hit like if I resolved your issue! Smiley Happy