Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: E-Mail Authentication with certificate successful solved?

twoj wrote:
Did you create a second activesync virtual directory or is that the settings on the default virtual directory? I didn't think it was possible to run both certificates and basic authentication through one activesync virtual directory

It's the same virtual directory.  It won't require both for successful authentication but will use either or.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: BES 5.x

Re: E-Mail Authentication with certificate successful solved?

-BD- wrote:

twoj wrote:
Did you create a second activesync virtual directory or is that the settings on the default virtual directory? I didn't think it was possible to run both certificates and basic authentication through one activesync virtual directory

It's the same virtual directory.  It won't require both for successful authentication but will use either or.

Not to take anything away from this - but I wouldn't do this in production, for both performance and security reasons. Setup a different EAS website on your CAS servers on a different IP address for this - you want the EAS website that uses cert-based auth to have the SSL cert bound to it to "always negotiate client certificates" (see my earlier post way back in this thread). You can't do this and still allow basic auth for your iOS devices on the same EAS website/IP.

Regards,

Jacob

Visitor
My Device: No
My Carrier: Developer

client certificate negotiation & uploadReadAheadSize

Hello everybody,

I use IIS 7.5 server & I received an HTTP error 413 “request Parameter too long” when I upload a bigger file than 48K.

I think that we have two possible solutions. What's the best?

1) Solution 1 : Increasing "uploadReadAheadSize" parameter can resolve the issue ?

2) Solution 2 : Enable the “Client Certificate negotiationwithout increase uploadReadAheadSize

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: client certificate negotiation & uploadReadAheadSize

maybe in a few hours it would be best to test out BES 12 once released today

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: BES10, BDS
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: client certificate negotiation & uploadReadAheadSize

@Bulka,

I modified the uploadReadAheadSize value on Exchange 2010 CAS servers in my production environment and it has been working fine for almost 18 months.

activeSyncMaxSizeConfig.PNG