Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Emails remain on BB after deleting from Outlook

We just migrated from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and also migrated from BES 4.1.4 to BES 5.0.MR3 and are using Outlook 2007.  The mail server and the BES server are on different boxes. When a user deletes an email from Outlook it does not delete on the Blackberry or when they read an email in Outlook it does not mark as read on the Blackberry. These functions worked before the migrations. From the device, I can delete and read an email and it updates in Outlook.

I have been searching the internet and have found many suggestions and none have worked. Here is what I have tried:

On the device- Email Reconciliation is set as: Delete On: Mailbox and Handheld/Wireless Reconcile: On/On conflicts: Mailbox wins

I have tried changing Delete On to just Handheld and back to Mailbox and Handheld and that didn’t help.

I am not permanently deleting emails, they are in my Deleted Items box in Outlook, however I made sure that Hard Deletes Reconciliation=True and restarted services/rebooted server.

I tried wiping the device in case there was a weird setting in there.

I am waiting for another user to get in the office to verify if this is isolated to one device or if it is a global issue for us. I have been at this for hours, does anyone have any suggestions?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Emails remain on BB after deleting from Outlook

[ Edited ]

This will explain a lot about reconcile and hard deletes
KB04863 - Permanent deletion of email messages in Microsoft Outlook does not reconcile to the BlackB...

link in above KB in case you missed it
KB04853 - How to enable hard deletes on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

I have also changed the messages state size to 1000 and it cured 99% of our issues.
The performance hit and RAM increase is almost nil on the BES box.

On Device also double check:

Make sure that Wireless Reconcile is set to On. Sometimes toggling that to off, saving it, then turning it back on.
Messages Options - Email reconciliation -
Delete on Mailbox and handheld,
wireless reconcile = Yes
On conflicts = Mailbox wins.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

I have actually read those articles a couple times today and also done the other suggestions in your post (I had seen that exact post earlier) but it has not helped. Any different ideas?

Contributor

I just got confirmation that it is affecting multiple users. Could it be something between Exchange 2007 and BES 5.0?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What version CDO.DLL is installed on BES and exchange?

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

Use search on Exchange to find it and dont forget to look at hidden files during your search.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

Looks like both versions are 6.5.8131.0

Guru III
My Device:

How did you move the users over to 2007?

Contributor

For Exchange we used the Move Mailbox function within the Exchange System Manager (this was not an inplace upgrade obviously, we installed a new serer with 2007 on it) . Right after we did it the BES (which was 4.1.4 at the time) saw the users were moved. Then I installed BES 5.0 on a new server and moved the users from 4.1 to 5.0 from within the  Blackberry Admin Service Console, connecting to the same Database that 4.1 used.

Guru III
My Device:

have you tried restarting BES?

Reload a user?

increase message state size to 1000?

Contributor

I have restarted services and rebooted server a couple times and I had increased the message state size to 1000.

I had not tried the reload user, I just did and it did not help. Even if I manually do Reconcile it doesn't remove the messages from the BB.

I appreciate your help so far.