Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

Enabling Keystroke Injection

Hi,

I installed RingScheduler on my Curve 8330, and it won't work. I have checked with their customer support, and they tell me that I need to have Keystroke Injection enabled (under Interations menu in the Edit Permissions window for that application). 

I am unable to select 'allow' in this menu. Cellavant tell me this is definitely a BES setting disabling this feature. Our IT guy has installed BES 5.0 with default permissions, and he can't find where to modify this permission (he can find if for BES 4, but not 5).

Is anybody able to describe how to find that menu on BES 5.0 so he can adjust the permissions to allow Keystroke Injection?

Thanks.

New Contributor

Re: Enabling Keystroke Injection

No ideas?

Is this the correct forum for me to ask this sort of question? If not please advise which one I should post in.

Thanks.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Page 35 explains IT policy

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/12109/BlackBerry_Enterprise_Server_for_Microsoft_Ex...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Thanks knotty,

That second link you provided seems to be it. I'll pass it on and see if we can get it going.