Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: All Devices
My Carrier: Telstra

Enterprise BES - 5.0.3.31 with multiple exchange servers

Long story short, we have a side company sliding in with a handful of end users, as we currently have a BES setup, instead of going down the path of a completely new sever, if it is possible to tie that exchange server (2010) with the current BES v. 5.0.3.31.

It seems to be possible can someone point me to some documentation, on a how to or guide. If you need any further info please let me know.

Thanks,

Andrew

Super Contributor
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Re: Enterprise BES - 5.0.3.31 with multiple exchange servers

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

is the side company in the same exchange org?

BES 5.0 supports an Exchange Resource Forest configuration.

Good article on Exchange resource forest config
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998031.aspx

Multiple AD forests should be ok as long as

1) There is a two way trust between them
2) They are all within the same Exchange organization

Once all consolidated only one service account is needed but you would be better off with 3 even if it means paying for Exchange/User CALs for them. If the exchange server that has the service account goes down then any of the other servers using it will not work as well.

If in the same domain and Exchange 2010 is not in your environment yet, you can even run mutli versions of exchange at the same time. The service account does have to move, but the other mailboxes dont have to until you are ready.

How to migrate the BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 from Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 or 2007 to M...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: All Devices
My Carrier: Telstra

Many Thanks Gents,

You have given me a lot of reading and some clear insight.

Thanks for the very quick response.