Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Torch
My Carrier: System Engineer

Enterprise IM and Lync Server 2010

Hello,
We have migrate on Lync server and Blackberry Enterprise Server 5.0SP3 MR2.After installing Enterprise IM client for testing it is impossible to log in on Lync with a test user:

- The device displays the password was rejected by the system.

- The server logs shows: Logon error exception - not authorized

The architecture put in place to Lync is:- Pool of two front-end servers, backend and a load-balanced by an HLB Aloha- Domain SIP different from the Active Directory domain of the company (for reasons of outsourcing and service-related company name).

For example, the pool looks likeSmiley Tongueool.sipdomain.comthe name of the server is: frontend1.ad.com frontend2.ad.com
Blackberry on our infrastructure, it consists of two servers:

- Server: BES1 and a server BES 2 containing monitoring and collaboration services

The SQL database is put it on a remote SQL server.

We actually are in coexistence with the old architecture OCS.First, we have test the solution (Enterprise IM) with OCS and validate the function on Blackberry device.

It's working correctly for the send/receive and presence functions.
After this test we have decided to test on the new Lync architecture and the test user on the blackberry device can't connect.

To determine from which we stated the problem, instead of the pool Lynv we have decided to point on Blackberry Administration service one of the Lync front-end server (frontend1.ad.com) and it still does not work for the user test@sipdomain.com
We then tested by filling an additional domain sip corresponding to our Active Directory domain and migrated users to this address (test@ad.com) and the connection to the client works.

But after some tests, It's impossible to answer against this user only sending works.

After some researchs about this problem it is impossible for us to connect to Lync with the sipdomain.com
Do you have an idea of ​​the problem?
By checking through the application provisioning the GRUU does not seem correct because the value is:sip: BES2@ad.com .........Unfortunately I can't replace the value sip: BES2@sipdomain.com
Thank you in advance for your help and your idea concerning my problem.

Super Contributor
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Re: Enterprise IM and Lync Server 2010

Use the default username and password for the Lync server sync with DC and then create a user that is fully admin then check that after this it is also rejected the password. OCS 2007 uses a little different way then Lync but after testng the Lync we come to know It is better and more reliable. Try to download the admin guide for Lync server 2010 that will work for your case because i dont know exacly about your compnay infrastures i.e. How many DC, ADC, DNS Primary or secondary Domain trustes etc.

IN General i can help you but mostly you should read about the admin guide for Lync Server. Lync Server uses SQL 2005 and 2008 for database storing in my case. We use Forefront TGM for Security perpuses.

After all i think as per your query you should read both Lync Server admin guide and SQL admin guide also Exchange Admin guide just for the problem of Syncing with all you have.

Check and tell i will take a look again and try very hard to resolve your problem.

Thanks and Regards

Muhammad Ehsan

IT Support Engineer

Ovex Technologies Pakistan

Trusted Contributor
My Device: RIM Z10
My Carrier: PLUS (Poland)

Re: Enterprise IM and Lync Server 2010

I think you need to try this KB24960

This not make mistakes, who does nothing.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2