Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: z10

Re: Enterprise Service 10 Install failing

I did setup my z10 to download corp email but my company does not supprt the Blackberry and it is my own personal device, so they have no control over it. My z10 has about 3 email account it checks. Two personal and one company. 

Can a company "push" a password policy to a device just by connecting to their email server to check email? 

Thanks again!

Contributor

I did setup my z10 to download corp email but my company does not supprt the Blackberry and it is my own personal device, so they have no control over it. My z10 has about 3 email account it checks. Two personal and one company.

Can a company "push" a password policy to a device just by connecting to their email server to check email?

Thanks again!
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

samuko wrote:

Thanks again!

If using Exchange Active sync, then yes it can force a password policy and more

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

samuko wrote:

Here's a screen shot of my z10 showing the password slider grayed out and no "balance" option in the drop down menu. 

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=1AbsmLFizZt3FQ 

Thanks again for your help with this!

no file exist

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor
Contributor

Knottyrope, you rock! I deleted my corp. email account and miraculously I can now turn the password off! I had no idea that corp email could push policy to my personal device. What a painful education. Thanks for walking me through this process!!
Guru III
My Device:

your welcome

here are policies that can be enforced by EAS

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb123484(v=exchg.141).aspx