Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
04-15-2013 02:19 PM
I have everything running in UDS but when I send the activation email and I go to activate it on my android, I enter the server, the user name, and password and then it gies the Error 2007: User not authorized for requested core server operation error....Not sure if anyone has run into this but I am at a stand still and if anyone has any ideas I am open to any ideas.
04-25-2013 01:18 PM
Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.
To clarify did you mean Error:3007? If so there is an issue between the device and the Communication Module on the server. This could be related to the SSL Certificate that you are using or we just can’t reach the Communication module server. Please review the following article:
"Error 3007: Server is not available." is displayed on the iOS device when trying to activate with the Universal Device Service
Let us know if you have any questions.
06-05-2013 12:51 PM - edited 06-05-2013 12:53 PM
I have a very similar problem and I cannot solve it. When I try to download the certificate as written in the activation email (the URL is https://it.bbsecure.com/Sxxxxxxxx/ca) I get this error:
<errorString>User not authorized for requested core server operation.</errorString>
<errorStringAuxiliary>The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.</errorStringAuxiliary>
We have only one BES 10.1 server with all roles installed, and for testing purposes I allowed it to access the web with all the ports. I noticed that the above URL, if the BES is disconnected, returns a 404 error, which at least makes me think that not everything is wrong
Do you have any idea how can I solve this? I tried to follow what written in KB31923 but with no success. Maybe I'm missing a key point (a certificate, a configuration, some permissions in IIS...).
08-27-2013 10:55 AM
Hello. Sorry for not updating this thread, thanks for the reminder.
It came our that the problem was something indeed weird: the lenght/complessity of the Core Passphrase you chose during the installation setup. I used a self generated one, quite long, and the wizard didn't warned me and allowed to proceed. When, frustrated by multiple failures and finding no new corner where beating my head, I reinstalled the BES, I typed a shorter passphrase (10 digit long) and... ta-dah, everything worked! Every other setting was the same, just the Core Password was different.
Silly indeed, but this it how I fixed it.
09-02-2013 08:58 AM
thanks for your advice but i can not reinstall the whole solution because i have already a few active BB10 user working on the same server productive. So i tried to change the core password in the BES10 Configuration Tool but no success
Did you made a whole new installation or just an installation over the existing one?
Thanks a bunch!
09-02-2013 09:05 AM
Yes, I was forced to reinstall everything because changing the core password failed (if I remember, the changing process the first time stated about an error with upgrading the password in the DB, then the following tries failed for "wrong password"). I think, anyway, that the DB error was a symptom of the password's inconsistency.
I wasn't able to find another solution, sorry, and since I got just two test BBs I reinstalled without spending more time.
09-02-2013 10:33 AM
I had exact the same. I could change the password but with an error and afterwards it told me that i have the wrong password. But it seems that he changed the password in the background although he gives me that error. Because i can change the password again if i place the new password into the current password field.... Very weird.
So i think i will contact BlackBerry. Thanks for help anyway!