Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Error viewing device software configs / managing shared drive

Hi all,

I have a recurring issue where the carrier name string in a OS config is over 256 characters and causes me to lose access to the device software configs and the shared drive config for device software.   I've resolved it before by deleting the device OS folder off of the share and manually removing references to that config ID in the BESMgmt db, but that trick does not seem to be working anymore.  Can anyone tell me a way to fix this permanently or provide any other info to resolve?

Below is from the BBAS-AS log when the error occurs ....

(06/23 14:40:35:842):{http-NYBVBES01.NA.SMBCGROUP.COM%2F10.125.211.36-443-1} [com.rim.bes.bas.softwareconfigurationmanager.SoftwareConfigurationManagerBean] [WARN] [BBAS-2038] {u=370, uc=782, o=0, t=1116619} _findOSBundle OS bundle DTO is not valid, Error details: message=null, type=VALUE_ABOVE_MAXIMUM_LENGTH, fieldConstraint=256, fieldName=carrier.name, fieldValue=Gibtelecom/TMN Portugal/Optimus/Telenor Norway/Virgin Mobile UK/Jersey Telecom/Trigcom/Telenor Serbia/Siminn/Brightpoint UK/Telenor Denmark/LuxGSM/Mobitel/Telenor Hungary (Pannon)/Brightpoint Netherlands/Brightstar AZLAN UK/Cable & Wireless UK/20:20 UK/Globul/Polkomtel/ONE/Tango/Cable & Wireless Channel Islands/Telenor Sweden/Poste Mobile/BT Italy/BT Mobile/Cosmote Romania/Phones 4 U, errorStringPlugInId=-1, errorStringId=null

*** Start of original stack trace ***

Error details: message=null, type=VALUE_ABOVE_MAXIMUM_LENGTH, fieldConstraint=256, fieldName=carrier.name, fieldValue=Gibtelecom/TMN Portugal/Optimus/Telenor Norway/Virgin Mobile UK/Jersey Telecom/Trigcom/Telenor Serbia/Siminn/Brightpoint UK/Telenor Denmark/LuxGSM/Mobitel/Telenor Hungary (Pannon)/Brightpoint Netherlands/Brightstar AZLAN UK/Cable & Wireless UK/20:20 UK/Globul/Polkomtel/ONE/Tango/Cable & Wireless Channel Islands/Telenor Sweden/Poste Mobile/BT Italy/BT Mobile/Cosmote Romania/Phones 4 U, errorStringPlugInId=-1, errorStringId=null

New Developer
My Device: 9900 + 32 GB PB
My Carrier: Netcom

Re: Error viewing device software configs / managing shared drive