Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

Exchange 2010 SP1 RU3 Duplicate emails

[ Edited ]

BES 5.0.2.28

Exchange 2010 without pub folders, registry key set on BES. No issues with sending email, GAL, etc.

------

If I send an email on blackberry, I will get two copies of sent item.

One copy will show the following fields:

to:

Subject

Date/time sent

The duplicate copy will show:

to:

Subject

Date/time sent

Auto BCC is not set, several users reporting this issue. Also seems to be server side as I have wiped device and recreated user to no avail. If anyone can assist with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Re: Duplicate sent item showing on Blackberry

We have just started seeing this problem today also...exact same symptoms and fields on the messages.

One has a positive RefID (HandHeld) and the other a negative RefID (BES)

Outlook only contains one copy of the message and a message track shows only one message was sent via Exchange.

We are running BES 5.0.2 MR4 (new MAPI/CDO 6.5.8211) and Exchange 2010 SP1 RU3 (just installed on 12/03).

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Look like Exchange 2010 SP1 RU3 is acting up

http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2011/03/14/exchange-2010-sp1-rollup-3-and-blackberrys-se...

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks for this article...have a call with MSFT open regarding email delivery delays on Outlook clients and will also mention this.

New Contributor

This is the only issue I am currently having an issue with. Outlook anywhere, OWA, active sync, all functioning normally.

ALS-72 please report back if you get a fix.

New Contributor
My Device: 8700
My Carrier: ATT

ALS: We're having the same exact issue - messages not showing up in Outlook unless user hits Send/Receive, since patching to RU3 (which we were told by RIM support was required when we upgraded our BES last week in order to resolve mail delays to our handheld users.)

Please respond if you get resolution from MS; I've got a case open with them as well.

Contributor

Update:  We have been provided with a hotfix by MSFT that has been seen to relieve the email delivery issue in other customers.  We have now installed this in our environment and are monitoring the email delivery issue.

Installing it only our MBX servers did not show ay improvement, so we installed also on the CAS/HT.  Two hours have gone by and all is good so far, but as we all know, problems often take their time to develop and show themselves.

Once I can confirm that we have indeed seen resolution from this hotfix, I will post further status and the details of this hotfix.

Thanks...

New Contributor

ALS_72 - how are we looking on this? any update?

Contributor

Sadly the hotfix did not work to resolve the email delivery delays.  We are still working non-stop with Microsoft to determine a fix, and as a fallback, will look to remove RU3 (possibly over the weekend) is we are unable to resolve this in the immediate future.

This, we hope, will restore email delivery to normal and stop the BB duplicate items.

Sorry for the lack of good news...

New Contributor

I am only seeing email dupes on about 65% of the BB's, so I am not looking to remove RU3, as they only show as dupes on the device, and dupes are not actually being sent. 

I am experiencing no delays, but I am also not running public folders in our environment. I have one user reporting that calendar items are not syncing, but have yet to correlate that to this issue.