Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: MTN

Exchange 2013 support for BES and BES Express

[ Edited ]

Good day

I am busy designing a Exchange 2013 deployment and the client has BES Express for Exchange installed which is working fine as it is MS Exchange 2010 SP2. As far as I can find in my research BES Express and BES Enterprise does not suppor Microsoft Exchange Server 2013. Does anybody have the official RIM documentation stating that they BES and BES Express is not compatible with Microsoft Exchange 2013 and Office 365 running MS Exchange 2013.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Blackberry Classic
My Carrier: Swisscom

Re: Blackberry Enerprise Server and Enterprise Server Express

[ Edited ]

As Exchange RTM has just been released, you might have to wait a bit. As long as it is not stated in the Compatibility Matrix here:

http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/enterprise-server-compatibility.html#/h:/support/...

it is not officially supported.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BB10 and WiFi PB
My Carrier: .

Re: Blackberry Enerprise Server and Enterprise Server Express

Here is the official compatibility matrix: http://us.blackberry.com/support/apps-and-software/enterprise-server-compatibility.html#/h:/support/...

Exchange 2013 is not released (except the RTM on Technet) and RIM does not support it yet.

Office 365 information: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB27422
So BES is not compatible to cloud, you need a special service for that.
------------------------------
Find more information about Enterprise Mobility Management at EMMAdmin.com
New Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Exchange 2013 support for BES and BES Express

We have the same problem, we'll adopt EXCHANGE 2013 soon and we need to know if BES and BES express will be compatible with this version of Exchange and WHEN.

But the main question is are you developing the EXCHANGE 2013 version of BES and BES Express or not?

Thanks

Alessandro

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000

Hi,

We asked for a clear statement from RIM since ages (via E15 TAP).

Problem is, that 2013 requires all MAPI connections to be encapsulated using RPC-over-HTTPS. After a long debate, it was announced that there will be a new MAPICDO package doing the encapsulation internally. 

However, things are not that simple when it comes to BES. BES is a massive MAPI client and RIM told us that internal changes will be required without any committed timeframe.

Find some of the gory details here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/stephen_griffin/

Obviously the MAPICDO will be ready in Q1/13 together with 2010 SP3. I am quite sure, it will not be possible to use BES in a Exchange 2013-only environment before that timeframe.

Greetings,

Neo3000

New Contributor

Many thanks Neo3000 for the information.

I understand the complexity of the upgrade but I need to know officially by RIM that they are developing the new version and that after the new MAPOCDO will be available by Microsoft we'll have the BES and BES express working with Exchange2013.

We have to know if we have definitively switch to Active Sync smartphone.

Regards

Alex

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am sure RIM is working on something, just have to be patient for a response.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

Any news?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

not yet, I have a friend that said not to worry but I have nothing else to offer at this time

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790
My Carrier: MTN

Thank you to all for the responses, much appreciated. I read an article that RIM is discontinuing the BES Express server which is the free version. Does anybody have the date when RIM will pull it out?