Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10

File based Authentication

Hi there,

got a little problem here. I have a BES productive on which i have traded up some of our previous BES5 CALs. As Port 443 cannot be openend, i had to use the file based authentication described in the BTSC. That worked fine so far (ok, i could only specifiy 99 of 100 cals, as 100 "were not in range", but i think that's ok...), but now it comes up with another one...

For a 2nd Environment, i've downloaded a trial including SRP and CAL. And now - again! - i can't have 443 openend. But i do only have the traded up CALs and i don't have to use them, so how can i trigger a file based authentication via BBAC with a trial license?

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Kind regards,

My Device: BlackBerry Z-10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: File based Authentication

Hello DanielM1;

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your question.

You would need to follow the same process with the second environment, as you have with the first.

This means that you would have to link a production license with the second environment server through the BlackBerry Account Center and then once linked; you have the option through the Account Center to suspend your production license.

You would need to suspend the production license to take advantage of the trial license for its time trial. This is necessary due to when you add a production license, the BlackBerry Infrastructure will make the server as production and therefore the trial license will be null. By suspending the production license linked to the server, the trial can then be utilized.

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.