Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Forgot Work Space Password - iOS

I had my first user call today saying they forgot their work space password on their iOS device.  I thought, no problem, I'll reset it from the BES.  

I can't find the option to reset or change the work space password for iOS devices on the BES server. Is that for real?  If the user selects the "forgot password" option on the device, it says it will wipe the work space. 

Please tell me I'm missing this option.  This is going to be a total nightmare if I have to setup new work spaces every time a user forgets a password.

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Forgot Work Space Password - iOS

This option is not available and will be removed from the docuemntation

Contributor

So, when a user forgets a password, the process is to remove the user, delete the work space, and then start all over?  

Contributor

As if this wasn't already difficult enough for the users, now I'm getting hit with this bug when attempting to do a clean activation of the user that previously forgot their password.  We tried rebooting, removing BES 10 Client, etc.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/Secure-Work-Space-Error-PIN-...

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10

You should be able to just remove the Work Space profile from the user, then wait a few minutes and add it back. You won't have to reactivate the device that way.
----------
BESX 5.0.4, SQL 2008, Exchange 2010 SP2 RU4a
Contributor

Yeah, that's what I thought too.  Has anyone  tried this on a real world device though?

The profile usually removes just fine, but when you go to add it back to the device, I end up getting hit with this bug:

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Enterprise-Service-10/Secure-Work-Space-Error-PIN...

Then a have to walk the user through deleting the BES 10 Client, rebooting device, installing BES 10 Client, and trying the activation again.  Even after all of those steps, I'm only having about a 50% success rate getting past the error that I linked to above.

Why in the world can't I just hit a button in the Management Studio that says "Reset Work Space Password".  That seems like a huge oversight for a product that's supposed to manage devices.