Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

My Device: perl
My Carrier: AT&T

General Questions

Forgive me as I am a newbie to Blackberry.  Now I know that the post is to be for BlackBerry Enterprise Server Version 5.0 but my server is only running 4.1.6.9 and have just a few questions that I am looking for some clear information on and was hoping someone on here would be able to clear things up.  So here goes!

1.  Should you use the service account that you created to run the BlackBerry Enterprise Server Software services to logon with and provision/wipe a device on the server?

Now I was informed that it was best to logon with the service account to do these types of things which may be the reason behind local administrator group, which leads me to my next question.

2.  If you are creating a service account that is granted "Log on as a Service", why must it be added to the Local Administrators group and Allow Logon Locally?

If anyone is able to provide some insight that would be great.

Thank you.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: General Questions

1 Yes use the service account, if not the services could run as the logged in user. If the user is a domain admin or other elevated account, Exchange permissions will basically kill BES from working correctly from that logged in user.

2 see answer to 1 and services can not run locally on a non admin account upon boot up.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V