Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

HTML messages on Z10

I receive regular email summarys from my corporate spam filter, however these HTML messages come through as code.  If I forward the message on then it becomes visible in its intended format.

I receive other HTML messages without this issue, is there any way of identifying what it is about these messages that the Z10 does not like or a setting that can be amended that will prevent this issue?

I have no other model BB devices set up on BES 10 to compare.

TIA

Dibby

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: HTML messages on Z10

An update...

It is not all HTML messages as I mentioned.  In fact I can receive two different messages from the same Spam Filter software and one is fine and the other is not.  There is a difference in as much as the messages are created using different templates within the Spam Filter and I have found an old Tech Note mentioning that there is UTF-7 encoding in the mail that I am having problems with, could this be the cause? I have yet to find anything to suggest that.

When I elect to reply/forward the message then it is rendered correctly on the device and if I follow through with that and send it on then it is still fine when received.  I wondered if this meant that it might be something to do with my carrier, however my colleagues bases in Australia (I'm in the UK) are having the same problem and the emails are originated from the same software.

Any ideas?